DP 1 Gateways To Empowerment -- Black Mountain NC
Do you desire to be effective in ministry but have come to the end of your strength? Do you work to spread the Gospel but just see a culture that opposes it? Didn’t Jesus’ disciples deal with these same challenges? How did they do it?
We know that it begins with a relationship with Jesus Christ but what about the power and work of his Holy Spirit?
In the first of six Dunamis Projects, Gateways to Empowered Ministry looks at a Scriptural view of the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
By the end of the first Dunamis Project you will have a sound, Biblically-based knowledge of
- who the Holy Spirit is.
- what the role of the Holy Spirit is today.
- what it means to be filled with the Spirit.
Comments from recent participants:
- The teaching on the Holy Spirit ‘within’ and ‘upon’ was the best I have heard.
- Wonderful pulling together of Biblical instruction about the Holy Spirit.
- What was most helpful? The teaching, the prayer, the atmosphere of community.
- You’ve given me a biblical grid to understand my experience of Holy Spirit.
You’ll cover topics like:
- The Holy Spirit and the Trinity
- The Holy Spirit in the Old Testament
- Jesus and the Holy Spirit
- The Four Basic Works of the Holy Spirit
- The Infilling With the Holy Spirit
- The Nature and Experience of the Holy Spirit’s Power
- Receiving and Growing in the Power of the Holy Spirit
Whether you have reached a place in your Christian faith or ministry where it feels like you are trying to do too much on your own, or you are simply curious or skeptical about the nature and work of the Holy Spirit for today, this conference is a fantastic way to begin your journey in cooperating with the work of God.
What is The Dunamis Project?
The Dunamis Project is the central training of PRMI to help you cooperate with the Holy Spirit in whatever ministry you may have, in whatever part of the world you may live. The Dunamis Project is a series of six conferences (four or five days each) over three years where you will discover and learn how to use your spiritual gifts in whatever ministry you have.
With The Dunamis Project, you discover:
- Solid biblical teaching about the person and work of the Holy Spirit in the life of the believer.
- Teaching forged from the Scriptures, proven in ministry, and informed by 200 years of renewal and revival movements.
- Spiritual gifts and how to use them effectively in the Kingdom of God.
- How to recognize God’s guidance for ministry in a given moment through the experience-based lab times and review debriefings.
Date and Time
November 6-10, 2019
Check-in will begin from 3:30 to 5:30 pm, dinner is at 5:30 pm and the 1st session begins at 7:00 pm.
The event ends with lunch on Sunday, November 10.
Riceville Valley Community Church
2342 Riceville Road, Asheville, NC 28805
There is no registration fee to attend this event.
There are several hotels in the area. You are expected to make your own reservations. Please call the office if you need hotel suggestions.
All events organized by PRMI are offering based. Registration fees cover only your room and board that the conference center charges. During your event, you'll be invited to share in the vision of PRMI and give an offering towards the ministry to advance our mission of equipping people to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Pray about how to participate long before you arrive.
Plan to Be Fully Present:
Since our events focus on spiritual formation and discipleship, one segment of our events lead into the next. Thus we encourage you to be fully present for the entire event, as much as you are able.
Rev. Dr. Brad Long
Rev. Dr. Brad Long Executive Director, PRMI In 1988 while a missionary in Taiwan, Dr. Brad Long received a call “to an international ministry of renewal, advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide.”
Since that time, he has been called to a number of nations where his role has been primarily equipping pastors and lay people in the gifts and power of the Holy Spirit. Rev. Brad Long was called as Executive Director of PRMI in 1990.
Rabbi Mark Rantz
Rabbi Mark Rantz serves Tikkun International and leads Beit Hallel Messianic Congregation in Ocala, FL. He is a Messianic scholar with a reformed theological background. Mark is Assistant Theological Editor and Leading contributor for the Complete Jewish Study Bible.
Jeanne Kraak has taught for PRMI all over the world since 1998. As Director for Ignite, she has a passion to see lay people empowered by the Holy Spirit and wants congregations to discover the joy of walking in dynamic cooperation with the Holy Spirit.
|Event Date||11-06-2019 4:00 pm|
|Event End Date||11-10-2019 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||11-05-2019|
|Location||Riceville Valley Community Church|