Kingdoms in Conflict: Fight the Strongholds in your Church
What congregation does not deal with conflict to some degree or another? In some cases, this conflict has reached the level where the church is being split. In other cases, church leadership is in crisis due to personal and family breakdowns.
We live in an increasingly post-Christian culture which is hostile to Biblical faith and to our Judeo-Christian values and morality.
Congregations that seek to be faithful witnesses to Jesus Christ, hold true to the Bible as the Word of God, and to move in the power of the Holy Spirit, are under an assault that is both cultural and demonic.
All of this is due to the very deep reality of human sin which taints every dimeson of human life, and every human institution, including the church of Jesus Christ.
The remedy is the Gospel of Jesus Christ and being born again into the Kingdom of God where we are in the process of sanctification. The preaching of the Word of God, biblical teaching, Bible study, congregational life and ministry all have a role.
We as spiritual leaders of the Church (Ruling, Teaching Elders, Pastors, and church leaders) are often well equipped through our seminary training and pastoral experience in these critical areas of providing the pastoral work.
But our training and experience often neglects the spiritual and demonic dimension behind the human sinfulness and human organizational dynamics, which St. Paul spoke of when he said:
“For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavens."
Ephesians 6:12 NET
At this event, you will find a safe context where you can
- Pray for and receive the Baptism/Infilling with the Holy Spirit for empowerment for ministry.
- Grow in the authority of Jesus Christ to provide spiritual leadership for your congregation.
- Grow in the gifts needed to discern the work of the Holy Spirit and of the demonic within your congregation.
- Learn how to practically discern and overcome demonic strongholds within your congregation which are blocking the work of Jesus Christ.
- Grow in the practical tactics of intercession and spiritual warfare.
- Learn how to develop a “prayer cohort” within your congregation for intercession and spiritual warfare.
- Receive ministry and experience healing from the wounding and battles that you have been through so you may be restored to effective service in God’s Kingdom.
What you will learn:
We will draw on our Dunamis Project which has equipped leaders for growing the church and advancing the Kingdom of God in Canada, UK, USA and nations in Africa, Asia, and Latin America.
You’ll hear from leaders from the frontlines of spiritual warfare in local congregations and in missions, as they share their case studies of actual encounters with demonic strongholds in local congregations.
We are eager to pass on to you what we have learned, often through terrible wilderness experiences.
Some of the specific topics:
- Understanding and growing in the authority that Jesus Christ has promised us to provide anointed leadership in His Body, the Church. Luke 10:17-20, Matthew 28:18-20
- Jesus’ equipping for empowered ministry —praying for and receiving this empowerment promised us by Jesus so that we can be His witnesses. Acts 1:4-8
- Understanding how Satan works to build demonic strongholds as his primary method of blocking the advancement of the Gospel and compromising and destroying church leaders and congregations.
- Cultivating the gifts of discernment, identifying the presence of evil spirits and those people through, or in whom, they are working in the local congregation.
- The strategies and tactics of intercession and spiritual warfare for overcoming the demonic strongholds and redeeming the people who have been used by Satan as weapons against the church.
- Discerning and overcoming Satan’s tactics to destroy church leaders.
- Restoration to ministry in the Kingdom of God after spiritual warfare and wilderness.
- How to develop a prayer cohort for protecting the congregation and to be the prayer vanguard for the congregation taking part in advancing the Kingdom of God locally and globally.
- Introduction to the practical resources offered by PRMI for preparing your congregation to be a “Kingdom congregation” taking part in the embodying of the Kingdom of God, in which Jesus Christ is working as Prophet, Priest, and King.
An Opportunity for Personal and Confidential Prayer Ministry
Maybe you have been emotionally, spiritually and even physically wounded by conflicts in the church. Maybe you have had to contend with curses and demonic attacks.
We are offering healing and deliverance prayer ministry by well-equipped teams.
There is an assessment process that is used to provide the right team and ministry for you. (Note this is NOT a counseling service. It is prayer for physical, emotional and spiritual healing, in the name of Jesus and in the power of the Holy Spirit. If there are demonic spirits involved it may also include deliverance ministry.)
Date and Time
February 17-20, 2020
We will start with dinner on the 17th and finish in the evening on the 20th for depatures on the 21st.
PRMI's Community of the Cross
3227 North Fork Left Fork Road
Black Mountain, NC 28711
There is no registration fee to attend this event, but an offering will be received.
There are several hotels in the area. You are expected to make your own reservations. Please call the office if you need hotel suggestions.
All events organized by PRMI are offering based. During your event, you'll be invited to share in the vision of PRMI and give an offering towards the ministry to advance our mission of equipping people to cooperate with the Holy Spirit. Pray about how to participate long before you arrive.
Plan to Be Fully Present:
Since our events focus on spiritual formation and discipleship, one segment of our events lead into the next. Thus, we encourage you to be fully present for the entire event, as much as you are able.
Rev. Dr. Brad Long
Rev. Dr. Brad Long Executive Director, PRMI In 1988 while a missionary in Taiwan, Dr. Brad Long received a call “to an international ministry of renewal, advancing the gospel of Jesus Christ worldwide.” Since that time, he has been called to a number of nations where his role has been primarily equipping pastors and lay people in the gifts and power of the Holy Spirit. Rev. Brad Long was called as Executive Director of PRMI in 1990.
Rev. Dr. Tom Willcox
Photo and bio upcoming
|Event Date||02-17-2020 4:00 pm|
|Event End Date||02-20-2020 5:00 pm|
|Cut off date||02-16-2020|
|Location||Community of the Cross|