Upward Challenge 2020: Mountain Mover - Black Mountain NC
Upward Challenge is a week-long event that focuses on
- introducing participants to the person of the Holy Spirit,
- encourages them to seek a deeper walk with Jesus Christ, and
- nurtures a growing relationship with God the Father.
This year's topic: Mountain Movers
...growing in the power of prayer
Prayer was a priority for Jesus at all times of day and night.
But if we're honest, it's not always a priority for us (apart from emergencies!). So how can we discover the passion and power of prayer that's prompted by the Spirit?
Mountain Mover looks at...
- Getting close to the God who really does want our company and conversation.
- Praying in the tough times when God seems a million miles away.
- Faith-filled prayer that moves mountains and shapes the future.
Jesus is already praying for us. He's already opened the front door into God's presence and invites us to come close - we're truly welcome. And he calls us to join in with his prayers, knowing that some things will only change when God's people get praying.
Please put this on your calendars and invite your friends.
This event is designed for youth (rising 8th grade – graduated seniors) who have a desire to deepen their faith.
What does the week look like:
During the week, you will participate in interactive teaching sessions, small group discussions, personal solo times, one-on-one prayer ministry, powerful times of worship, group games, a challenging field trip, and times of wonderful fellowship and service.
Community of the Cross in Black Mountain, NC, a wilderness setting which involves camping.
Rising 8th graders - graduated seniors are welcome!
Yes, that's right, we don't require you to pay a dime to be part of this amazing event!
Instead, we invite you to make a donation towards costs as we take up an offering at the event (eg: about $150 would cover it, but the exact amount is up to you. Go pray about it!).
Presbyterian-Reformed Ministries International.
PRMI is a non-profit organization and all of the Upward Challenge leadership are volunteers.
After expenses, whatever is in excess will be used to thank the leadership volunteers and lay a financial foundation for future Upward Challenge events.
Downloads Coming Soon
- Medical release form
- Social media permission request form
- Packing list, our cellphone policy, and some very important information about local wildlife
- Brochure for Upward Challenge NC 2020
- Application for Leadership Roles
Fill out and return to PRMI at least 2 weeks before camp:
- the medical and emergency contact form (Upcoming)
- the social media permission form (Upcoming)
For more information about Upward Challenge please visit: www.upwardchallenge.org
Get on the Early Bird List
Sign up to receive a text alert on your phone. To join, text UCNC2020 to 43506.
If you want to receive a notification by email, visit https://app.txtsignal.io/w/171ab5ab and put your email in the tab.
Free to join, however, messaging rates may apply depending on your provider and plan.
This is a signup list for Upward Challenge 2020. You will not be spammed with stuff.
|Event Date||07-20-2020 3:00 pm|
|Event End Date||07-25-2020 12:00 pm|
|Location||Community of the Cross|